We thought we'd compile a short list to ensure you and your boiler are all ready for the Christmas holidays. But if you should ever face any boiler-related issues, don't hesitate to contact us and we'll do our utmost best to ensure you're back feeling warm.
- Check that your biomass boiler's fuel store isn’t going to run empty over Christmas. This is the time of year you really don’t want to be cold and fuel deliveries may be difficult to organise when many of the fuel depots are be closed!
- Empty your biomass boiler's ash boxes. Keep some for adding to compost when you replant a real Christmas tree for next year.
- Don’t leave your biomass boiler's fuel store doors open, especially if it’s a through-roof system – we don’t want any low flying reindeer collisions!
- Santa’s Elves definitely use FSC-certified sustainably-sourced timber in any wooden toy or present they deliver. Follow their good example and do likewise for any wooden presents you give.
- Use wrapping paper that is also FSC-certified.
- Make sure all toys and presents that Santa brings that are made from wood are grown in Britain.
- If you really do have unwanted Christmas jumpers from previous years that you’re too ashamed or embarrassed to wear, please send them to our Sales Director, Dale Roberts. He loves them and has a growing collection that he enthralls the office with.
- If you can’t think of what to get for the person that has everything, then make a donation to the Woodland Trust to help them plant more trees.
- You don’t need to turn your boiler off on Christmas eve, Santa won’t burn his bottom. Pixie Dust is the best SatNav system that there is, so he can always see where he’s going!
- Finally, if you have a Treco biomass boiler heating system, don’t worry if you have an issue over the Christmas break. We will be offering support, even though the office may be closed. Our offices will be closed on December 25-27, 30-31 2014 and January 1, 2015.
Should you have any kind of issue that needs our attention, then ring us directly. A recorded message will give you the contact details for the Treco Technical Support team.