(*Financial information not specific to this project – figures are based on an average of several typical projects of this size. Current information on RHI payments for guidance only, not to be considered a guarantee).
New! Gwesty’r Emlyn Hotel (Commercial)
Download Case Study PDF
Biomass Plant Room Schematic Download
Treco project managed the installation smoothly and worked well with our in house heating engineer. We are so pleased with the system that have already purchased two further systems for another hotel.Keith Eaton
Gwesty’r Emlyn Hotel in Carmarthenshire offers 29 stylish guest bedrooms and a function suite. The rooms have been recently refurbished to an impeccably high standard and have been individually decorated.
With guest comfort being paramount, the hotel wanted to be able to provide ample supplies of heating and hot water at a manageable budget. They had been previously using heating oil, which had become prohibitively expensive. The owners wanted to replace the ageing oil boiler with a modern, high efficiency biomass boiler system and approached Treco.
The client was responsible for the construction of the boiler house, fuel store and all downstream works. Treco installed and commissioned the biomass boiler, working with the client’s heating engineer to connect to the current system.
• Two top-of-the-range 99kW Guntamatic Powerchip biomass boilers in cascade.
• Biomass boiler linked to existing heating and hot water system.
• 5,000 litre thermal store.
• 3.5m agitator and 3.5m auger to enable a large fuel store to minimise fills.
• Fully automated fuel delivery system.
• High efficiency, low energy modulating main system pump.
• 1 x class 2 RHI eligible ultrasonic heat meters complete with certification.
• Consumer Interface Unit and heat exchanger assemblies.
• Full assistance with RHI application including schematic drawings.
• Commissioning, programming and end user training.
• Heat output from 22 to 99kW.
• Dimensions; 1,875w x 1,845h x 980d (mm).
• Weight; 865kg (not including 75kg feed auger).
• Fuel; wood chips or pellets, grain, miscanthus.
• Boiler output; perfect modulation at up to 96% efficiency from 22%-100% of output.
• Moving step grate allows the boiler to cope with a wide variation in fuel quality.
• Boiler temperature; 60-80oC.
• Return flow temp. regulated to protect boiler.
• Water capacity; 256 Litres.