This easy to use spreadsheet allows you to input the installed cost of a biomass boiler system and shows your potential commercial RHI payments, fuel savings and the payback from the investment. The figures are expressed in both annual terms and as a total for the 20-year duration of the scheme.
As a guide, a country estate with main house and offices converting to a 200kW heating system would receive approximately £12,588 for the first year and a total of £305,858 over 20 years. A farm house with cottages and a holiday let using 100kW system would earn upwards of £3,561 and £86,521 over the duration of the scheme. The tariffs are reviewed every three months and are adjusted on the basis of the increase or decrease in the Consumer Price Index (CPI).
As for a large commercial drying system with a boiler size of 999kW and 75% of run hours at full output, it would generate a significant RHI income over 20 years. For the first year alone, the RHI generated would be approximately £172,093. Over the course of the scheme, the income would equate to approximately £4,181,411. It is easy to see how the project would pay for itself many times over, whilst continuing to generate a healthy income for the business for 20 years, reducing the overall and ongoing carbon emissions significantly as well as helping the UK achieve the targets as set out in the Paris Agreement.
1. Enter the output of the system in kW.
2. Enter the total installed cost of the project.*
3. Choose the fossil fuel currently used.
4. Choose the biomass fuel type.
5. View summary of results which indicate carbon savings, net project cashflow, discounted cashflow and the payback period of the project.
6. Review your results and change variables such as the cost of biomass fuel or the cost of borrowing.
Download the commercial RHI calculator Download now
Find out more about the Commercial Renewable Heat Incentive