What is a domestic RHI calculator?
As a pioneer, Treco is the first in the industry to specially formulate a Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) calculator which is essentially and easy-to-use spreadsheet. The purpose of the RHI calculator is to give an indication of the financial return and carbon reduction that could be achieved by the installation of a biomass boiler. It will calculate the cost saving of using biomass fuel versus existing fossil fuel, and the potential value of income from the RHI payments, fuel savings and the payback from the investment. The figures are expressed in both annual terms and as a total for the seven-year duration of the scheme. You are also able to change key variables such as the cost of borrowing and biomass fuel costs.
Download the FREE RHI calculator below (you don’t even need to leave any details) and take a look at your potential savings and income.
How to use Treco's domestic RHI calculator?
- Enter the house’s heat load requirements (as specified in your EPC) in kW
- Enter the total installed cost of the project *
- Choose the fossil fuel currently used
- Choose the biomass fuel type
- View summary of results which indicate carbon savings, net project cashflow, discounted cashflow and the payback period of the project
- Review your results and change variables such as the cost of biomass fuel or the cost of borrowing
Treco’s domestic RHI calculator
⇩ Download the Calculator Here
We have prepared a series of documents to help you understand and navigate the domestic renewable heat incentive
Domestic RHI – the details
The domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) is a government scheme that pays homeowners for generating and using renewable heat. Start here to learn the basics.
Getting an EPC
The first step to RHI accreditation is obtaining an Energy Performance Certificate. This handy guide will help you to do this.
The Renewable Heat Incentive: a government-initiated scheme that pays those using biomass boilers to generate and use renewable heat.